Blockchain technology for developers
Blockchains can work with any domain through their ability to created auditable workflows and immutable data stores. There is a growing demand for blockchain developers as multiple business domains and companies experiment with this emerging technology. In contrast with some other emerging skillsets, blockchains are very easy to learn and code for. This course will get you upto speed as a developer very quickly in just 5 hours time.
- Class 1 - Basics
- What constitutes a Blockchain
- Structure of a block - chain
- Blockchain Vs regular database
- What is the reason for a blockchain solution to exist.
- Blockchain based systems - Distributed Ledgers (Ripple, Multichain etc. ), cryptocurrencies (BitCoin, Ethers)
- Popular blockchain platforms - Ethereum, Bitcoin, Hyperledger, IOTA etc.
- Class 2 - Additional Concepts
- Basic blockchain constructs - Wallets (Accounts), private keys, cryptography.
- Blockchain Transactions
- Creating a simple transaction, signing a Transaction
- Transaction confirmation/Mining models - Proof Of Work, Proof of Stake, Proof Of Authority.
- Class 3 - Node setup
- peer to peer concept explained (Nodes and Blockchains)
- Private Vs. Permissioned and public blockchain instances.
- Standing up and local private node with ethereum (Geth/parity- configurations)
- Working with the local node. Basic wallet creation, explorer setup.
- Class 4 - Smart Contracts
- What are Smart Contracts – explanation
- Basics of Solidity – Language of smart contracts
- Advanced Solidity – Language of smart contracts
- Create a smart contract – test in remix browser IDE
- Class 5 - Developing a Token
- Create a crytpcurrency (ERC20 token)
- Execute Transfers from myetherwallet
- Q & A